This episode is all about mentoring and mentorship. Whether you are in the beginning stages of your business or you’ve been in business for some time now, there may come a time when you feel like you need additional support. During these times, finding and working with a mentor may prove helpful.
In this episode I have a double-dose of mentoring information for you! To start, I chat with someone that I’ve been mentoring for the last six months. My friend and colleague, Doreen Astra of Astrapreneur. You will hear how mentoring has helped her in her business and how she is evolving (yes, evolving!) as a business owner. She began her business in late January of 2016 and is growing by leaps and bounds.
Following my conversation with Doreen, I sit down and chat with Ruth Martin of Maplewood Virtual Assistance. Ruth has been on this podcast before, so you may recognize her name. Ruth has been mentoring business owners through her business for many years now. During our conversation Ruth explains why she decided to become a mentor, describes the two main areas in which people come to her for mentoring, offers advice on how to go about finding your best-matched mentor and more!
This is one of my more favorite episodes to date. There is a lot to cover, so let’s get going. Listen now!
Doreen and Ruth offered inspiring and thoughtful insight on the following topics:
- Doreen - An impromptu mentoring session ensues as we discuss Doreen's services
- Doreen - Learning and understanding the many facets of online entrepreneurship. How it was very surprising to her, entering into the virtual assistant world for the first time.
- Ruth - The importance of finding the right matched mentor.. This is so important.
- Ruth - What most people seem to be looking for, when working with a mentor (and it may not necessarily be what you think!)
- Ruth - What it feels like to be a mentor, watching someone you have grown to like, know and respect; spread their wings and fly.
- And, a lot more. Seriously.
About Doreen Astra:
Doreen is an Entrepreneur, Teacher and Virtual Assistant. She holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Humanities and Social Sciences and a NJ Teacher Certification in K-12 and Students with Disabilities, from William Paterson University. She began her career as an Administrative Professional in the Corporate and later began teaching in her own classroom setting. As Virtual Assistant, she primarily offer assistance to clients in the area of business support. To learn more about Doreen and her services, visit her website: Astrapreneur.com
About Ruth Martin:
Ruth Martin is the owner of Maplewood Virtual Assistance (aka MaplewoodVA) an online business support services firm in operations since 2000. MaplewoodVA specializes in consulting, online business and project management, marketing and writing services, and executive level business support. Entrepreneurs who are ready to stop operating their business and start growing it are a great match for working with MaplewoodVA. To learn more or sign up for the In The Details newsletter visit: www.MaplewoodVA.com.